News & Events
Cherrie Woods is the current Public Relations Officer for the City of Baltimore Department of Public Works and has an employment portfolio that includes serving as Director of Marketing and PR at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History and Culture; Senior Communications Specialist at the Detroit Institute of Arts (a 658,000 square feet museum that houses one of the top six collections in the United States) ; Marketing Coordinator at Harbourfront Centre in Toronto (Canada’s premier arts and entertainment center) and Communications Specialist with the City of Toronto Social Services Department.
With over thirteen years’ experience in public relations, marketing and community relations, Woods, a native of Toronto, Canada, has also completed freelance projects for Toronto Public Health, Stratford Theatre in Stratford, ON; Poor Man’s Art Collective and PuppetArt in Detroit, MI; visual artist, Espi Frazier and financial writer, Jennifer Matthews in Baltimore MD. Woods was one of the founding members and past president of the National Black Public Relations Society – Detroit chapter and publicist for the Motown Writers Network Conference.
Woods currently sits on the board of the Baltimore Public Relations Council and is an active member of the Black Writers Guild of Maryland. She also performs as poet Cherrie Amour and plans to complete her first book of poetry in 2013.
More Member Spotlights
- Ed Fishel, TV News Recordings
- Harry Bosk, APR, The Write Image
- Gayle V. Economos, GVE Media/Public Relations, LLC
- Edward Hopkins, Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- Bill Toohey, Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention
- Cynthia Powell, CP Knowhow
- Amanda Karfakis, Vitamin
- Ragina Averella, AAA Mid-Atlantic
- Dan Collins, Mercy Medical Center
- Cheryl Knauer, McDaniel College
- Amy Mannarino, Walters Art Museum
- Sedonia Martin, Towson University
- Aaron Koos, Constellation Energy
- Dawn Ward, American Cancer Society