Position Summary: Baltimore Public Markets and Lexington Market are seeking a creative and detail-oriented Communications Manager for Baltimore Public Markets and Lexington Market. This position will support the execution of Marketing and Public Relations that raises awareness and promotes the organization’s services to the target demographic and communities.
• Collaborate across departments to ensure up-to-date and relevant information is available for content creation.
• Design and disseminate fliers, signage and other collateral utilizing design software and internet-based communications tools/social media.
• Create copy for news releases and media advisories to distribute to the media, and the travel market.
• Maintain and update media lists, press contacts, and email distribution lists to foster positive relations with print, trade, and digital media representatives.
• Monitor media coverage and create quarterly reports.
• Plan and implement in-person media opportunities alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications.
• Track the success of projects and campaigns through the use of metrics, project trackers, and communications plans.
• Assist with outreach at community events and programs.
• Equity Focused
• Flexibility and Adaptability
• Critical thinking
• 3+ years of marketing, communications, or media relations experience
• Bachelor’s degree in PR, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or a similar discipline
• Experience working in the non-profit or community-based sector.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Job will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Baltimore, MD 21201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
marketing, communications, or media relations: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person (Hybrid after 90-days)