Abel Communications, an award-winning public relations firm based in Baltimore, seeks an experienced and creative Account Manager to support agency growth. In this exciting role, the candidate will support several PR client accounts with an opportunity to lead on special projects and other key company and client initiatives. We seek a talented professional with a passion for public relations and a proven track record of success on behalf of clients. The successful candidate will have the experience to hit the ground running, combined with a desire to always learn and implement what’s next in a fast-moving industry.
Applicants should have at least 5-10 years of agency or in-house senior level client management experience and skills; a deep understanding of the PR and strategic communications landscape; and a proven ability to set strategy, prioritize tasks, manage teams, and deliver accountable results. We also highly value candidates who are detail oriented and have the ability to organize themselves and client activities successfully. Above all, we seek a professional who loves the art and science of public relations, is a driven, collaborative team player, and will energetically support our collective desire to be the best in our field.
- Serve as the primary contact and leader for three or more clients, managing staffing and profitability
- Manage the implementation of scopes-of-work to ensure that client deliverables are successfully met on deadline
- Demonstrate creativity and proactivity by leading group brainstorms, developing new story ideas, and providing strategic recommendations on PR programs
- Demonstrate a solid track record of regularly placing high-profile media coverage on behalf of clients, showcasing a strong ROI for the client
- Develop relationships with key top-tier media and share new media contacts and opportunities with Abel Communications staff
- Exhibit a strong understanding of owned media strategy and implementation
- Demonstrate expertise in social media platforms, strategy, and measurement
- Provide reporting and measurement for all program activities
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members, including guidance on their professional growth
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Abel Communications service offerings to existing clients and continually provide new and fresh ideas for renewal/expansion proposals
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-10+ years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching to local and national media
- Successfully managed clients with annual PR budgets of 100K+
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Successfully managed an organization’s social media accounts, developed strategy, and has an understanding of paid media, specifically as it relates to amplifying earned media
- Previous experience as a main point of contact for client relationships, managing staffing and profitability
- Successfully managed people, staffing, budgets and profitability
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Public Relations Account Manager Candidate.