|Under the direction of the Adult Program Coordinator the Programming & Social Media Associate:|
– Reviews upcoming book lists to develop a keen eye for cultural programming that meets the needs and excites the minds of Baltimoreans.
– Assists in managing timely correspondence with external and internal partners, in order to maintain the strong relationships that drive the partnerships.
– Hosts Writers LIVE and other major adult events.Contacts local authors and schedules programs to build relationships with local writers.
– Attends conferences, such as BookExpo and CityLit Festival to promote author visits to the Pratt.
– Writes web content, introductions, and edits promotional flyers/brochures, Facebook events.
– Creates schedule and content for Pratt Chat blog.
– Tracks analytics on all social media platforms to strategize most effective ways to utilize social media to bring positive visibility to Pratt Library.
– Coordinates social media strategies with branches alongside Marketing & Communications Director.
– Regularly communicates with more than 25 Social Media Ambassadors across the Pratt system, sending monthly task lists to drive content from all Pratt locations to boost engagement amongst customers.
– Develops best practices and content creation instructions for annual Social Media Ambassadors training to ensure best quality social media content.
– Create content for all platforms including print, web, and social media.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, and handle pressure in high-profile settings.Works positively and productively with other staff.
|B.A. degree from an accredited college or university with relevant focus.|
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of adult programming trends
Demonstrated knowledge of social media marketing in a library and/or academic setting.
Proven experience in program coordination and project management, especially in a library or public services setting
Experience in providing library or related services to diverse communities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent time management skills
Dynamic team player.