Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative professional to join our communications team on the East Coast. This individual will help manage proactive public and community relations activities in the communities where Amazon operates fulfillment centers across the region, particularly in the states of Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Engaging with media as spokesperson, staffer at events, and pitching proactive story concepts that support reputation and employer brand narratives, particularly around diversity and inclusion.
· Managing community engagement opportunities in partnership with diverse organizations and stakeholders in the assigned states.
· Developing targeted strategies for the assigned states, which take into account: state-by-state giving budget, third-party engagement, corporate areas of focus, and associate volunteerism.
· Thinking creatively about generating social/owned media content.
· Supporting business needs, such as promoting hiring needs and job creation at new facilities, managing fulfillment center milestone events, and handling organizational announcements.
· Writing materials for speaking engagements, opinion editorials, and other public messaging documents.
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to…
· Serve as corporate representative with members of the media and public
· Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames
· Develop local community relationships in a variety of geographic areas across the East Coast
· Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
· Work hard and smart, be punctual and accountable
· Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job
· Pay painstaking attention to important details
· Minimum of 4 years of public relations and/or community relations experience, preferably with experience staffing or serving as spokesperson
· Experience working at local levels on public affairs, grassroots and/or charitable campaigns
· Excellent writing skills are a must
· Currently based within the assigned states and able to work out of the nearby fulfillment center office space
Communications and media relations experience with distribution, retail, operations, Internet and/or technology is highly preferred.