Baltimore Center Stage is seeking an innovative, experienced Public Relations Coordinator to join our staff on a part-time/contractual basis. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships and works in concert with the Marketing Department.
- Assist with day-to-day management of PR, communications, and content strategies
- Draft press materials, including press releases/advisories, media relations pitches, media backgrounders, and contributed articles
- Work collaboratively to ensure activities are aligned with strategic focus
- Support social media efforts, including drafting posts and seeking organic opportunities
- Compile and update Press Database, editorial calendars, and targeted media lists
- Support proactive media outreach efforts to top-tier and niche media and influential bloggers
- Respond to media inquiries and general inquiries from the public as necessary
- Monitor daily news utilizing media monitoring services
- Maintain public relations efforts online (updating newsroom, media clips, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of interviews and press junkets
The ideal candidate will possess superior writing and editing skills, has strong relationships with local and national media outlets, and the flexibility to work both remotely and on-site. Agency experience is a plus. Knowledge of regional theater Public Relations is highly preferred.
To apply: Interested candidates send resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org