In conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Communications, develops marketing and communications activities for UMMS and its local organizations; plans, executes and evaluates comprehensive marketing and communications programs that reinforce the UMMS and local site’s mission. Assists director with marketing, media relations, internal and external communication, publications, website management, special events and graphic design.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications, helps to develop the organization’s image “positioning” that reflects its mission, strategic direction and health care environment. Assists in development of annual corporate communication and marketing plans in collaboration with the Director and the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS).
- Plans, develops, implements and markets new programs/services based on department goals and objectives, hospital growth needs, established priorities, regulatory environment, etc. Assists Director with planning, budgeting and implementation of specific campaigns, advertising materials and special events.
- Provides project management support for advertising campaigns, collateral materials, interviews and other creative products, content for the Web site and other marketing and communications initiatives.
- Assists the Director with media relations and attendant programs, including the initiation or coverage or response to request from newspaper, magazine and electronic media representatives.
- Assists in the production of publications and attendant programs including collateral and special projects. Assists in the coordination of the layout, design, writing, editing and production of brochures, marketing communication pieces, ad copy and collateral marketing materials for internal and external consumption.
- Provides editorial management services as needed for promotional and educational materials including creating concepts, writing brochures and other related materials as well as overseeing the creative aspects of design and printing, developing editorial content, managing writers, writing material, and coordinating distribution and mailing of newsletters.
- Oversees the organization’s website, including content development, editing, technical modifications, and relationships with outside contractors.
- Works in conjunction with physician marketing staff to develop and implement a physician marketing plan each year to boost referrals to UMMS and its local organizations through outreach, marketing and communications activities.
- Assists Director with preparation of reports to illustrate the market position of the service line, affiliate hospitals and outpatient practice locations. Help determine the ROI for marketing campaigns. Research and understand and apply consumer demographics/prevalence of disease information to achieve marketing goals.
- Plans and participates in special events for both internal and external audiences as needed.
Performs related duties as required.
What You Need to Be Successful:
|Minimum Qualifications:||Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.