The mission of Baltimore Office for Promotion & Arts (BOPA) is to address the needs of the arts community through arts and cultural activities, advocacy and support; create pride by promoting Baltimore to Baltimoreans; and, to use the arts and events marketing tools to promote Baltimore’s assets locally, regionally and nationally. BOPA produces festivals, special events, and promotions for Baltimore City and develops and administers funds, grant programs and community workshops. In addition, BOPA manages several historic attractions and sites in the Baltimore area. Facilities include School 33 Art Center, The Cloisters, the Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower and the Top of the World Observation Level in the World Trade Center.
The Digital Content Associate for the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA) is a regular, full-time nonexempt position, who reports to the Communications Director, and is a member of the Communications Department. The primary responsibility is to coordinate and maintain websites, social media, marketing and online initiatives.
• Maintain and update the content management systems for all of the various BOPA websites which include helping to maintain, track, and organize event programming for organizations as a
part of certain BOPA websites
• Lead and coordinate social media initiatives including; managing content, reviewing usergenerated content for sharing on social, producing livestream content, monitoring comments,
responding to inquiries received via social and administering social media sites, online communities, blogs, etc.
• Generate exposure and publicity for BOPA by curating and maintaining information on BOPA’s social media platforms, including but not limited to; YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram,
showcasing all of BOPA’s events, festivals, programs, and facilities
• Research and analyze social media trends as well as develop social media calendars and plans
• Coordinate advertising buys on BOPA’s social media platforms using appropriate programs and processes
• Track and compile analytics of BOPA’s websites and social media campaigns
• Coordinate and maintain any BOPA mobile apps
• Coordinate and monitor social media volunteers for various BOPA events and programs, including but not limited to; developing volunteer schedules and overseeing training
• Maintain and upload BOPA’s photography database
• Work on-site including nights and weekends as well as being available as needed in case of emergencies or last minute changes
• As a part of the Communications department, assist with the overall communications efforts with duties included but not limited to; writing and assisting traditional media efforts
• Assist Corporate Sponsorship team with maintaining and overseeing social media commitments to sponsors
• Assist on-site at various events as needed to ensure a successful event
• Assist the Communications Director as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, social media practices, marketing or related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3-5 years of related professional experience
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills are a must
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, pertinent MAC platforms, content management systems or platforms, and social media/networking sites and technologies are required
• Photography skills a plus
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively, be highly motivated, and maintain positive attitude
• Salary is low – mid $40,000
• BOPA offers a robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life, 403B retirement plan with employer match, paid leave, Summer Fridays and transportation subsidy.
To apply, please forward a cover letter, resume, writing samples of social media posts, press releases or any appropriate work and references to: BOPAHR@gmail.com. No phone calls please.