The full time Communications Specialist is responsible for providing administrative, design and journalistic support to the Director of Communications in all aspects of the public relations and communication programs for Hospice of the Chesapeake.
Direct Supervisor: Director, Communications and Business Development
Next Line Supervisor: Chief Advancement Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborates with the Director to coordinate all agency publications including newsletters, brochures, marketing materials, and annual report.
• Works directly and creatively with designers and printers to ensure quality publications within the allowed budget.
• Collaborates with printers to identify new printing techniques and usability of new materials.
• Maintains an ongoing inventory of all materials including letterhead, business cards, brochures, flyers, folders, booklets, and logo items.
• Manages printing and design budgets.
• Collaborates with Philanthropy Team on creation of events specific materials including invitations and event signage for all signature events.
• Works with the Director and agency team members to create audio/visual elements as needed.
• Assists with special events and other PR/Philanthropy/HOC activities as requested.
• Serves as the agency photographer and manages digital photo files.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications, the Chief Advancement Officer or the President/CEO.