The Workweek for this position is currently Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is needed for public relations and special events. Most of the work for this position will be expected to be on-site.
Rare opportunity to join the marketing team for one of the leading Children’s Museums in the nation as a Communications and Marketing Specialist. Join Port Discovery Children’s Museum in downtown Baltimore and assist with marketing, communications and outreach in a fast-paced, rewarding environment. Help tell the story of how Port Discovery educates and enriches the lives of children and families by helping children learn through playing. Develop unique promotions, partnerships and marketing campaigns to increase awareness of and attendance at one of Baltimore’s top destinations for families. Produce and publish digital content for blogs, social media, e-newsletters, online calendars and more!
The salary range for this position is $40k to $45k, based on experience.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and implement marketing and communications plans, strategies and tactics for Port Discovery, including managing the marketing efforts to support General Admission and Membership visitation and revenue goals.
• Act as a liaison with hospitality community and represent museum at hospitality functions/meetings (Baltimore Tourism Association, Visit Baltimore, Downtown Partnership).
• Develop and implement digital advertising plans, tactics and budgets, to include placing and managing advertising efforts on Facebook, Instagram, Google Search, Google Display, and other digital channels.
• Assist with planning and executing on-site media events including news segments, press conferences, and media networking events. Must be comfortable to speak on camera if required.
• Manage the development/production and distribution of marketing materials supporting marketing and communication efforts for the Museum. Includes writing/promoting content for blogs, social media, email marketing and other outlets that support the Museum in general.
• Develop and coordinate relevant marketing strategies and tactics to increase awareness of and visitation to Port Discovery exhibits, programs, and events.
• Coordinate with the Education Department to develop and promote educational programs and special events.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
● BA/BS degree required, in marketing, communications, or related field.
● 1-3 years of relevant experience in digital advertising, public relations, marketing, communications, promotions, social networking, and/or content engagement.
● Experience in creative writing/content creation from inception to publication, and the ability to quickly create engaging content for a variety of formats.
● Experience with creating and using photography and videography for web, social and digital advertising.
● Experience with paid digital advertising (e.g.Facebook/Instagram, Google, etc.), search engine optimization, and Google Analytics preferred.
● Well organized, ability to multitask and possess excellent time management and follow-up skills, and able to work under tight timelines.
● Ability to take ownership, prioritize, and efficiently complete tasks in a fast-paced environment
● Must be willing to work some irregular hours, weekends and/or public holidays.
● Excellent customer service skills and portray a professional manner at all times.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:• Free parking.• Free admission to the Museum for family.• Group medical, dental and / or vision insurance options.• Vacation, personal and sick leave.• Retirement savings with Museum match after 6 months.• Museum provided life and disability insurance, as well as EAP, travel assistance and grief counseling support.
To see the full job details and to apply, visit: https://bit.ly/3iCzHhT