Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
• excellent tuition remission benefits
• outstanding health benefits plans and rates
• at least 11 paid holidays each year
• 40 days of annual, personal, and sick leave each year, including 20+ annual leave days
• great retirement plans
The Associate Director of External Relations’ primary role is to lead efforts to raise the profile of the law school among prospective students, within the legal academy and in the broader legal community, especially among law alumni. In conjunction with the Director and the senior leadership team, the Associate Director of External Relations engages with key stakeholders, including faculty, students, staff and alumni, and leads initiatives related to the communications and marketing strategy for the law school.
The Associate Director develops and promotes content for the school’s print, web and social media platforms. In partnership with the Director, the Associate Director also works with traditional media and with social media to market the law school and expand the presence of the law school in the region and nationally. The Associate Director also builds connections and collaborates with contacts outside of the law school in order to advance the work of External Relations.
We look forward to receiving your required electronic application with a cover letter and resume and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy. Please save your required cover letter and resume as one document and attach it in the resume location.
Build the Profile and Reputation Among Key Constituents
In close partnership with the Director, the Associate Director:
• Guides Law Admissions to craft the marketing strategies for law school programs including its video and print viewbook, and paid social media campaign to support recruitment and enrollment efforts.
• Leads projects to produce brochures, publications and videos, including developing production schedules, coordinating with freelancers, photographers, etc.
• Works on webinars and panels, and edits and posts recordings on YouTube to share on social media.
• Participates in the production of the law school’s digital magazine issues.
• Develops digital signage in the law school on three display screens, including helping with the design and scheduling of content for messaging and event promotion.
• Coordinate with law school and university colleagues and others on production, promotion and publicity for the law school.
• Gathers and creates news from law school stakeholders, including faculty and law alumni and promote it through appropriate platforms to key constituents.
• Gathers news and relevant data with university colleagues for reports and publications.
• Produce regular newsletters and printed materials that highlight law school events and accomplishments.
• Develops relationships with media outlets and within the academy to inform strategy and placement of law school news.
Develop the Law School’s Online Presence and Content
• Lead social media initiatives that align with External Relations strategy, such as developing and implementing social media campaigns.
• Makes sure that the law school’s website is updated, the content is concise and consistent with the overall branding and positioning of the law school and university, and the messaging support long-term marketing strategy and goals.
• Create content for the law school’s social media platforms and coordinate social media strategies with law, university and bar social media users.
• Produce and monitor metrics and measures to track and expand law school presence in social media platforms.
• Engage with faculty members, staff and students to understand their needs and improve the content of the website and the law school’s presence in all aspects of the law school’s website.
Plan and Promote Key Law School Events
• For major law school events, provide planning, promotion and on-site support, including media relations, signage and VIP management, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: 5 years of work related to the communications and/or marketing fields.
Preferred Education and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience: 7 years’ work experience in the communications and/or marketing field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires excellent writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to successfully multitask and keep track of several varying responsibilities and timelines at once.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, university colleagues, alumni and the general public.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs as well as graphic design software.
• Experience managing or updating websites.
• Experience with production of publications and/or marketing materials.
• Experience working with traditional media as well as social media.
The University of Baltimore (“UBalt” or “University”) does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.