Abel Communications, a dynamic and fast-growing public relation firm based in Baltimore, Md. is seeking a new Account Manager. In this exciting role, the winning candidate will lead several accounts with a focus on strategy, client service, media relations, and project management. You will work full time from our Baltimore office in Hampden, where soaring ceilings, hardwood floors, exceptionally decorated spaces and the latest in technology tools and services – along with amazing colleagues – will inspire you on a daily basis.
Applicants should have senior level client management experience and skills; a deep understanding of the PR and strategic communications landscape; and a proven ability to set strategy, prioritize tasks, manage teams, and deliver accountable results.
- Serve as the primary contact and leader for three or more clients, managing staffing and profitability
- Manage the implementation of scopes-of-work to ensure that client deliverables are successfully met on deadline
- Demonstrate creativity and proactivity by leading group brainstorms, developing new story ideas, and providing strategic recommendations on PR programs
- Demonstrate a solid track record of regularly placing high-profile media coverage on behalf of clients, showcasing a strong ROI for the client
- Develop relationships with key top-tier media and share new media contacts and opportunities with Abel Communications staff
- Exhibit a strong understanding of owned media strategy and implementation.
- Demonstrate expertise in social media platforms, strategy, and measurement
- Provide reporting and measurement for all program activities
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members, including guidance on their professional growth
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Abel Communications service offerings to existing clients and continually provide new and fresh ideas for renewal/expansion proposals
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-10+ years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching to local and national media
- Successfully managed clients with annual PR budgets of 100K+
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Successfully managed an organization’s social media accounts, developed strategy, and has an understanding of paid media, specifically as it relates to amplifying earned media
- Previous experience as a main point of contact for client relationships, managing staffing and profitability
- Successfully managed people, staffing, budgets and profitability
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Public Relations Account Manager Candidate.
Abel Communications fosters a collaborative and enjoyable workplace where employees are encouraged to do great work and make time for great lives. We have been a finalist or winner in the Baltimore Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Awards for four years in a row. We provide a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance and a flexible work schedule. We close the office on Opening Day and have many outings throughout the year to foster teamwork and camaraderie. We love Baltimore, our clients, coming up with BIG ideas and delivering amazing work.
Abel Communications respects and values diversity and is committed to creating a culture that is inclusive. Abel Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.