Notre Dame Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school for girls in grades 6-12 in Towson, is seeking a Manager of Digital Content. Founded in 1873, the school currently enrolls approximately 830 day students and has approximately 150 full- and part-time employees. The right candidate will enjoy working in a mission-driven, religious educational setting. Employment is full-time for twelve months, beginning immediately.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Manager of Digital Content will be responsible for advancing the public image and brand of Notre Dame Prep School through digital media.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Social Media, including managing and growing NDP’s presence on social media through current, consistent, and creative content; ensuring brand consistency on social media; creating and executing campaigns to advance communications, marketing, and fundraising goals; ensuring safe social media practices at NDP; managing school blog; serving as social media marketing expert for school community.
2. Website, including managing and updating site content; leveraging website as marketing tool; serving as website content management system (CMS) expert
3. Constituent communications, including parent and emergency communications
4. Visual Content, including all school photography and video; multimedia content for website and social media sites
5. Data collection and analysis as pertains to social media and digital outreach
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in digital media, marketing/communications/public relations, English, journalism, or related field
• Three years of digital media or related experience in a professional setting; experience in education is preferred, but not required
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, fact-checking skills (writing samples required)
• Individual will possess creativity to execute ideas and analytical ability to assess if ideas were effective
• Proficiency with Microsoft programs; knowledge of Photoshop preferred
• Knowledge of Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and HootSuite (or similar social media management tool) is desired
• Knowledge of social media protocols, especially as it related to a school setting and working with minors
• Familiarity with any standard content management system required; knowledge of WordPress, Whipple Hill On Products, and HTML a plus
• Problem resolution and troubleshooting ability regardless of specific technical familiarity
• Photography experience necessary; videography experience a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and exceptional organizational skills
• Must be highly self-motivated, flexible, comfortable working independently, and have a good sense of humor
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, resume, samples of work (both digital content and writing), and references to: Cami Colarossi, Director of Communications, Notre Dame Preparatory School, 815 Hampton Lane, Towson, MD 21286 or [email protected] No telephone calls, please.