Public Relations & Social Media Marketing Coordinator
The Public Relations and Social Media Marketing Coordinator – Take Shape For Life, supports and implements public relations and social media initiatives, positioning the company, specifically Take Shape For Life and Take Shape For Life Health Coaches, in a positive manner to key media targets. This includes informing target audiences by writing, editing, and proofreading news releases, working with our PR agency to strategically pitch customer success stories and position Health Coaches as industry experts to top-tier local and national media and assisting with in-bound calls to ensure approved information is provided to the media.
The Public Relations and Social Media Marketing Coordinator – TSFL, implements the Social Media Marketing strategies for Take Shape For Life, ensuring social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. are updated and fans and followers are communicated with in a timely manner. Also responsible for implementing and conducting Social Media tutorials and webinars for Take Shape For Life Health Coaches and remaining on the cutting edge of new trends in Social Media Marketing to ensure the Company and Health Coaches remains relevant in the field.
1. Implements Social Media Marketing strategies, ensuring social media channels are updated and fans and followers are communicated with a timely manner.
2. Remains on the cutting edge of new trends in Social Media Marketing to ensure the company remains relevant in the field.
3. Assists with social media training to Take Shape For Life Health Coaches, including in-person trainings and webinars
4. Works with our Public Relations agency to coordinate media placements for Take Shape For Life Health Coaches and success stories
5. Informs target audiences by writing, editing, and proofreading news releases.
6. Assists Marketing Department with other projects as needed
7. Maintain public relations media lists and media placement database
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or other related field.
· 1-2 years experience in public relations, corporate communications, marketing communications or related field.
· Strong understanding of business applications of Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, YouTube, and numerous other social media tools
· Effective project management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications, especially the ability to write in a compelling and authoritative style