Regional Director, Marketing Communications, American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a not-for-profit health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. We are also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Regional Marketing Communications Director for our White Marsh (Baltimore), MD office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary contact for all public relations, media relations, communications and marketing projects in assigned geographical area in support of field operations and as such works closely.
- Acts as the first point of contact for media and major news stories in assigned area.
- Manages crisis communications situations in assigned area in accordance with crisis communications plan.
- Acts as information source from field to Division regarding issues and newsworthy events.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with media in assigned markets.
- Actively and aggressively promotes American Cancer Society news stories to media to ensure strong media presence in assigned area; promotes the American Cancer Society website and 1-800# throughout the Region.
- Proactively seeks out media opportunities in assigned area.
- Submits appropriate area news to Intranet for publishing.
- Acts as a regular writer & contributor to Annual Report and Division newsletters.
- Recruits volunteers in assigned areas to promote relationships with local media, recruit speakers and to serve in advisory capacity in local communities.
- Procures media sponsorships for health promotions and income events.
- Identifies and develops unique opportunities to promote American Cancer Society activities and programs within the community.
- Responsible for doing community assessment as it relates to the Regional Communications/Marketing Plan.
- Assists in speech writing for Regional Executive staff.
- Proactively works to build strong relationships with area staff.
- Makes business based decisions; maintains accurate files, submits timely and accurate reports; meets timelines, follows through; apprises supervisor of status; provides viable & innovative solutions to problems; attends meetings/trainings, adheres to approved policy/procedure, represents the organization in a professional manner; makes effective presentations.
- Proactively and assertively addresses issues as they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Public & media relations/issues management experience necessary.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills needed.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships.
- Member of Public Relations Society of America and Member of International Association of Business Communicators.
We offer excellent benefits and a smoke free work environment.
For more information and to apply, visit https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_acs/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=27693&localeCode=en-us