Director, Public Relations (Ascend One)
Forwarded to me by a former GBMC colleague now working for this company.
|Title||Director, Public Relations|
|Description||The Director of Public Relations is responsible for the leadership and management of all media and industry relations, and works closely with our social media efforts. The PR Director will cultivate and maintain positive media coverage for Ascend One and it’s companies. As a key part of the marketing team, the Director works with managers and executive staff across all functions to define our public relations goals, strategies and plans. The Director is a key information source for all media contacts. He/she develops, implements and coordinates internal and external PR strategies with the goal of increasing the exposure for the brand in a positive manner across all forms of broadcast, print and electronic media. The Director provides both tactical and strategic direction, and demonstrates our core leadership competencies in the execution of responsibilities and development of team members. As part of the marketing leadership team, the Director conducts himself/herself in a manner reflective of the professionalism, code of ethics, and culture of the organization. In addition, the Director will represent himself/herself in a manner that is consistent with the core values of the brand.
• Build an annual Public Relations plan to promote and drive the business inclusive of measurables.
|Requirements||• Proven ability to lead a public relations effort in the financial services industry and a brand that is in the business of direct response.
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of direct response marketing.
• Ability to present well and interact with all levels of the organization top to bottom and cross functionally.
• A creative and strategic thinker who can motivate others to be their best and lead their area of responsibility.
• Excellent writing, presenting and communication skills.
• Proven ability to effectively manage both internal and external resources/vendors.
• Proven success in leading a PR function, including ability to quantify results.
• Proven ability and experience in effectively developing, managing and motivating people.
• Outstanding project management skills, including the ability to drive projects from initiation through completion.
• Outstanding analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to establish effective relationships with internal staff, vendors, and clients.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Proven coaching, leadership and staff management skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects in a creative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, or other relevant field. MBA is highly desirable.